Wednesday, May 25, 2011

MacBook 13'' keyboard and battery replacement

I finally got my shipment for keyboard (from Wegener Media) and battery ( From ATC LLC ) replacements for the old MacBook 13''. In addition I changed the HDD for a solid state.

I have to say it ... It runs faster than my almost new MacBook Pro! I should run to CompuUSA to get another solid state for mine!

Here is a good video in case you are in need to replace the keyboard. One of the screws got stripped in my case and I got lucky there was enough room to turn it with pliers.

3 comments:

  1. Nestor: are you aware that if your notebook is not equipped with an Apple supported SSD (the ones that come with their notebooks), OSX would not enable TRIM support for it? In other words, the disk performance would degrade over time. There is a 3rd party utility that is supposed to enable TRIM support on 3rd party SSDs. Get it from: http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fastest SSD and size combination seems to be a OCZ Vertex 3 with 256 GB. Here is a performance comparison of many SSDs tested with a MBP:

    http://www.barefeats.com/mbps02.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I will give a try without third party tool and get back to this post. Snow Leopard seems to keep on flying after all these days... So far so good.

    ReplyDelete